Karmann Jean: My Christmas Stocking Collection.

Hello, 
    I just wanted to start off by saying thank you to everyone who is currently reading or who has every read any of my blog posts. I know I say this a lot I but I truly mean it, THANK YOU! I am so grateful that I have reached over 1000 total views on blog, I never expected anyone to read my blog, so the fact that over these last few weeks I have had that many views is overwhelming. Thank you all so much. 
    Now back to this week’s blog. Since I finished all my posts about what I did during school and university, we now move on to my next adventure which as you might already know, will be about the new small business that I recently set up. Similar to the education blog posts I intended to show you my journey of setting up my own business; however they are not going to be in order as this week is about the final collection. But I do want to go back and show you how it all started, if you haven’t already seen it on my Instagram. So this week’s blog is all about showing you what is on my Etsy shop.

Key Information:
     Here I wanted to share key information on what I am selling as there are little bits of information floating about on Instagram and Facebook; I thought I would clear things up and have all the information in one place. So if you didn't already know I am selling knitted Christmas stockings which I make myself on my domestic knitting machine.
  • Size - I offer 3 different sizes which are mini, standard and jumbo which is huge I have to use all 200 needles that my knitting machine has (look for their section below for size information).
  • Design - both the jumbo and the mini stockings come in the traditional plain red and white pattern whereas I have different pattern designs for the standard stockings. These can be seen in more detail below but I have plain, stripes and two fair-isle designs. However I am open to colour and patterns suggestions for example if anyone wanted I would be happy to create a striped mini Christmas stocking, but as they are so small the fair-isle patterns might not work. 
  • Material - every Christmas stocking is made using 100% acrylic, being a knitter I ideally wanted to use lambs wool however using this hand knitting acrylic helped give my Christmas stockings more structure and strength due to it being a lot thicker. Future blog posts will help to explain this.
  • Packaging - every order is wrapped in tissue paper (as seen below). Since it is nearly Christmas it will be like opening an early present. I love Christmas so  much and it is like I little gift from me to you.
  • Feedback - as most of my orders have been in person by family friends, there is no feedback/reviews online, but the most common reaction I get from an order or when anyone sees them in person is that "they are so thick". This is mainly because I use yarn which is more commonly used in hand knitting. It was a bit of a risk when I first used it as I had only every used machine knitting yarns which are much thinner and come on a cone. They are not thick in the same way as the big chunky knitted blanket you can get but they are thicker than most knitted items, which is why it is everyone’s first reaction. 
  • Delivery - costs £2.90 this is the cheapest option I could find at the royal mail for second class delivery. However as I have said on Facebook if you live in the Bridgnorth area, you might want to message me instead of ordering on Etsy, so I can deliver it to you instead of paying the extra cost.
  • Made to order - as these are made to order please allow at least 1-2 weeks for it to be made and delivered. I do try to have Christmas stockings in stock but I am trying to work out what my next collection will be and I am new to this so don’t really know how much stock I should or shouldn't have. So if I do have stockings ready made it will be delivered a lot sooner. 
Some orders all packaged up ready to go.

More orders all packaged up ready to go.

This is the thicker acrylic yarn that i use to create my stockings, this is what makes them thick which everyone is always pleasantly surprised at.

Mini Christmas Stockings:
    In the way of the calculations and needle set up the mini Christmas stockings are actually half the size of the standard Christmas stockings but as you will see below they look a lot smaller. They are approximately 10cm wide and 20cm long (4x8 inches). Again as I said before they only come in the plain red and white design but I am open to any suggestions. All of my stockings come with a hanging hook, but since they are so small unlike the other stockings this one does not come with a jingle bell. They cost £3 along with delivery charges. As they are so small they look super cute and would make a great gift if filled with some yummy sweets.
Mini Christmas stocking.

Mini Christmas stocking.

The mini Christmas stocking side by side a standard sized Christmas stocking.

Mini Christmas stockings.

Mini Christmas stocking filled with sweets.


Jumbo Christmas Stockings:
    As you will see below this Christmas stocking is huge, I am only short but it is nearly as big as me, it is more like a Christmas sack then a stocking. As I explained above it uses all 200 needles that my knitting machine as to offer, I intended it do be double the size of the standard stocking similar to the mini being half the size but I didn't have enough needles, and it is pretty big as it is. It is approximately 39cm wide and 91cm long (15x36 inches). Again like the mini Christmas stockings they only come in the plain red and white, this is mainly do to with how long it takes to make due to its size so if I added a pattern it would take much longer. However I am more than happy to do so, I just didn't want to create all theses different designs if no one wanted them. Although this is very big to hang on a mantel piece it still come with a hook, possibly for on a bed post and it does come with a choice of jingle bell colour which can be seen below in the bell section. As these are so big and use up a lot more yarn and time I have had to charger quite a bit more for them so they are £30 along with delivery chargers. Theses would be great for the bigger Christmas stocking presents that Santa gives. 
Jumbo Christmas stocking.

Jumbo Christmas stocking.

Size comparison of the jumbo, standard and mini Christmas stockings.

Jumbo Christmas stocking.

Standard Sized Plain Christmas Stockings:
    The plain standard sized Christmas stockings come in three patterns, which is:
  • all over red with only a white cuff
  • red and white (for the cuff, heel and toe sections)
  • red and green  (for the cuff, heel and toe sections)
The standard sized Christmas stocking are a similar size to the ones you would hand on the mantel piece, they are double the size of my mini Christmas stockings and half the size of my jumbo Christmas stocking. All of the standard sized Christmas stockings come with a hanging hook which contains a jingle bell on it, of which you can chose the colour (the colour options are shown below in the bell section below). These plain standard sized Christmas stockings cost £10 plus delivery chargers. These stockings have more of a traditional theme compared to some of my other designs. 
All over red with only white cuff Christmas stocking.

Red and white Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

Red and white Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

Green and red Christmas stocking (with green cuff, heel and toe).

Green and red Christmas stocking (with green cuff, heel and toe).

Standard Sized Thick Stripe Christmas Stocking:
    I offer five different thick stripe Christmas stocking designs they are:
  • red and white stripes (with white cuff, heel and toe sections)
  • green and red stripes (with green cuff, heel and toe sections)
  • red and green stripes (with red cuff, heel and toe sections)
  • red and green stripes (with white cuff, heel and toes sections)
  • white, red and green stripes (with white cuff, heel and toe sections)
The standard sized Christmas stocking are a similar size to the ones you would hand on the mantel piece, they are double the size of my mini Christmas stockings and half the size of my jumbo Christmas stocking they are approximately 21cm wide and 45cm long (8x17.5 inches). All of the standard sized Christmas stockings come with a hanging hook which contains a jingle bell on it, of which you can chose the colour (the colour options are shown below in the bell section below). These Christmas stockings cost £12 plus delivery charges.The stripes I think resemble candy canes and elf outfits. I chose to do both thick and thin as when I did my research people where mixed on what they preferred.
White and red thick stripe Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

White and red thick stripe Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

Thick white and red stripes.

Green and red thick stripe Christmas stocking (with green cuff, heel and toe).

Red and green thick stripe Christmas stocking (with red cuff, heel and toe).

Red and green thick stripe Christmas stocking (with red cuff, heel and toe).

Red and green thick stripe Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

Red and green thick stripes.

White, red and green thick stripe Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

White, red and green thick stripe Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

Red, white and green thick stripes.


Standard Sized Thin Stripe Christmas Stockings:
    I have four different thin stripe Christmas stocking designs which are:
  • white and red (with white cuff, heel and toe)
  • green and red (with green cuff, heel and toe)
  • red and green (with red cuff, heel and toe)
  • white, red and green (with white cuff, heel and toe)
The standard sized Christmas stocking are a similar size to the ones you would hand on the mantel piece, they are double the size of my mini Christmas stockings and half the size of my jumbo Christmas stocking they are approximately 21cm wide and 45cm long (8x17.5 inches). All of the standard sized Christmas stockings come with a hanging hook which contains a jingle bell on it, of which you can chose the colour (the colour options are shown below in the bell section below). These cost £12 plus delivery charges. The stripes I think resemble candy canes and elf outfits. I chose to do both thick and thin as when I did my research people where mixed on what they preferred.
White and red thin stripe Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

White and red thin stripes.

Green and red thin stripe Christmas stocking (with green cuff, heel and toe).

Green and red thin stripe Christmas stocking (with green cuff, heel and toe).

Red and green thin stripe Christmas stocking (with red cuff, heel and toe).

Red and green thin stripes.

White, green and red thin stripe Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

White, green and red thin stripes.


Standard  Sized Snowflake Fair-isle Christmas Stocking:
    I offer two fair-isle snow flake designed Christmas stockings they are:
  • white snowflakes with a red background (white cuff, heel and toe)
  • blue snowflakes with a white back ground (white cuff, heel and toe)
The blue snowflake design contains an iridescent yarn mixed with the blue to give it an extra sparkle. The standard sized Christmas stocking are a similar size to the ones you would hand on the mantel piece, they are double the size of my mini Christmas stockings and half the size of my jumbo Christmas stocking they are approximately 21cm wide and 45cm long (8x17.5 inches). All of the standard sized Christmas stockings come with a hanging hook which contains a jingle bell on it, of which you can chose the colour (the colour options are shown below in the bell section below) this one comes with an extra bell colour choice, this is because I later had to order silver bells as I think they go with this stocking the best, whereas the gold, red and green didn't seem right to me, but it is all about personal opinion. This Christmas stocking costs £14 plus delivery charges. This is more a modern Christmas stocking design, with many people saying that the blue snowflake design looks like something from the frozen movie.
White and red fair-isle snowflake Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

White and red fair-isle snowflake Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

Red and white fair-isle snowflake design.

White and blue fair-isle snowflake Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

White and blue fair-isle snowflake Christmas stocking (with white cuff, heel and toe).

Red and blue fair isle snowflake design.

The blue snowflake design is made of a mixture of blue acrylic and a iridescent lurex yarn. This makes the blue snowflakes sparkle.

Standard Sized Dog Paw Print Fair-isle Christmas Stocking:
    As I have a dog of my own I didn't want to leave him out when I was making Christmas stockings for my family so I came up with this paw print design. It has white paw prints with a red back ground; I wanted white paw prints to resemble paw prints in the snow. The standard sized Christmas stocking are a similar size to the ones you would hand on the mantel piece, they are double the size of my mini Christmas stockings and half the size of my jumbo Christmas stocking they are approximately 21cm wide and 45cm long (8x17.5 inches). All of the standard sized Christmas stockings come with a hanging hook which contains a jingle bell on it, of which you can chose the colour (the colour options are shown below in the bell section below) this Christmas stocking costs £14 plus delivery charges.
Dog paw print fair-isle Christmas stocking.

Dog paw print fair-isle Christmas stocking.

Dog paw print fair-isle design.

Dog paw print fair-isle Christmas stocking.

My little doggie model with his stocking.

My little doggie model with his stocking.

My little doggie model with his stocking.

Jingle Bells:
    For all the standard sized Christmas stockings and the jumbo Christmas stocking I offer you the chance to pick your own jingle bell colour which sits on the hanging hook. The colour options are:
  • red 
  • green 
  • gold 
  • silver (on Etsy this is only available for the blue snowflake fair-isle Christmas stocking but you can request it for any of the other designs)
Green jingle bell.

Gold jingle bell

Red jingle bell.

Silver jingle bell.

You can chose which colour jingle bell you want on your Christmas stocking.

You can chose which colour jingle bell you want on your Christmas stocking.

You can chose which colour jingle bell you want on your Christmas stocking.

You can chose which colour jingle bell you want on your Christmas stocking.

    If anyone is interested in ordering one of my Christmas stockings please feel free to do so on my Etsy shop karmannjean or you can always message me on Instagram @karmannjean or my Facebook page karmannjean. Thank you for reading today's blog, sorry that there is lots of repetition in it, but as I have got bits of information’s floating around on both Facebookand Instagram, I just wanted to clear things up and have all the information in one place. If there is anything that I have missed and you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I would also love to hear which is your favourite stocking, I keep changing my mind and I need to decided before Santa comes.
Again thank you so much for reading,

Love Karmann Jean




Comments