Karmann Jean: Personalise any of my Knitted Christmas Stockings with your name

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all well and happy September since it’s our first time talking this month. I hope it is going well for you and since it is September does that mean it’s now acceptable to talk about Christmas? Because as you can see from the title, today's blog post is all about my new personalised Christmas stockings. I know what you’re thinking another Christmas stocking post, and I know I’m sorry but I am hoping that this is the last one. Don’t worry though as I am not expecting this post, to be too long as really I’m just repeating myself except from the fact that they can now be personalised. I’ll explain all about them below but if your been following me and my shop for a while you might know most of it already, so I’ll keep the new information at the top, so that you can just read that bit and then scroll down to the pictures. Hopefully that will make it easier for you as I can imagine it’s as boring for you reading the same things for 3 weeks in a row as it is for me re writing it three times. I’m probably just as glad as you that this will be the last Christmas stocking blog post for a while. However if you are new here then welcome and if you couldn’t already tell I write a lot about my Christmas stockings.

Anyway let’s get into it; today blog is all about my new personalised knitted Christmas stockings. Now if you saw my last blog post you will have seen that you are able to add a big initial to my plain designed Christmas stockings, but not for my other patterns. This is because my snowflake and paw print designs are knitted using fairisle, and I couldn’t figure out how to add the big letters to it, without having to change the design, hence why only the plain ones can have a big letter. This meant going back to the drawing board, last year I had so many requests for personalised Christmas stocking, so I knew that I had to find some sort of solution. This resulted in being able to add names to the cuff. I was originally only going to stick to initials, as I thought it would be simpler but after my first try of one letter within the cuff, my brother asked for one with his name, so really it’s because of him that I now do names on my stockings. I’m so lucky to have such a supportive family that push me to push myself as I was a bit nervous to make names.

Below is some key information about these new personalised Christmas stockings:
- These Christmas stockings can be personalised with up the 6 letters. You don’t have to use all six, as you will see from my examples below. But 6 is the maximum otherwise the words will travel around and behind the Christmas stocking and you won’t be able to see some of the letters. For example my brother’s name is Cameron, which is too long so he asked to have camo on his, which to be fair everyone calls him anyway.
- All of my Christmas stocking designs can be personalised with a name at the top, so you have full range of choosing from my collection. If you didn’t know I will add photos of all my stockings below but to explain I have, plain, thick and thin striped, snowflake and paw print designs.
- As these are personalised stockings they are made to order as I have to wait to see what names you want for example you might want a special nickname, which I cannot predict. So please keep this in mind when ordering, it might take a few days for me to make them.
- The colours used for the letters will be the opposite colour used on the stocking. You can see examples of this below. But to help clear this up, if you select my red and white striped Christmas stocking the cuff is white meaning that the letters will be red, unless you request otherwise. If you choose one of my stockings that has 3 colours you can choose which colour you would like the letters to be.
- As always every Christmas stocking will be knitted by me using my knitting machine. The letters used on the Christmas stocking will be created using the technique of intarsia knitting. Meaning that every stocking really will be personalised as they will each have to have their own pattern/drawing, this is because intarsia knitting is where I manipulate the knitting by controlling which colours go where, so each name that is ordered will have to be planned out first. You can see examples of my intarsia knitting over on my Instagram; the link will be at the end.
- The basic design for each Christmas stocking is the same; they all have my original sock style, meaning that they have block/separate coloured cuff, heel and toe. The cuff is the band at the top of the Christmas stocking which is where the name will be. They also all come with a knitted hanging hook, so that you can hang your stocking where you wish ready for Father Christmas to arrive.
- For designs and colours please refer to the photos at the end, or look at my Etsy shop.
- My personalised stockings are all on the same listing (every pattern) where as if you don’t want any letters on them they are listed separately depending on their design.
- Price - These personalised Christmas stockings are £14 plus postage, which for the UK which is £2.90. However this is a onetime price. So if you by multiple items the postage price stays the same. For international postage price please refer to my Etsy shop. (Prices differ if you want a non-personalised one).
- Size - These are my standard sized stockings which are approximately 45cm long by 21cm wide.
- Materials - Like all of my knitted items these stockings are made from 100% acrylic.
- Processing time - Similar to my other Christmas stockings I have stated on my Etsy shop that my processing time for these are 1-2 weeks. Now I always try to make sure that I am done within this time, as the main reason I state this is to cover myself for if I get lots of order or run out of yarn, as I don’t have any haberdasheries around me so have order in yarn which can take a few days. However as each and every personalised Christmas stocking will be different they might take a little longer than if you ordered a non-personalised one. However as always I will always try my best to get them done as quickly as possible.

Ok I must admit that was longer than I thought it would be, but then again I suppose I do like to babble and go on a bit, so please excuse me for that.

I think that is it for this week, if I have missed any bits of information you can always refer to my Etsy shop or message me any questions as I’m more than happy to help. This should be the last Christmassy post for a while; the next blog will actually be on something different. I now I have got to start thinking of what my next item will be, very exciting but a bit scary; whatever I come up with unless it goes really well I don’t think will be in the next blog post. At the minute I am planning to do something a bit different, still about the business but not about my items. To be honest though I have been planning to do this blog post since I started so, it might still change.

I know that I do this very week but I need you to know how much I appreciate you and all your support, since we last spoke I have hit over 40 sales on Etsy (I’m nearly at 70 overall) and I have also reached 1500 followers over on my Instagram, so thank you all so much I really do appreciate you and everything you do no matter how big or small. Thank you!

As always thank you so much for reading, my links will be below if you want more information on anything.

Love Karmann Jean

My links/contacts:
- facebook page: https://en-gb.facebook.com/karmannjean4/

My perosnalised knitted Christmas stockings.

My perosnalised knitted Christmas stockings.

My perosnalised knitted Christmas stockings.

You can personalise your Christmas stocking with up to 6 letters, here can example of how 1 letter looks.

Close up of 1 letter.

You can personalise your Christmas stocking with up to 6 letters, here can example of how 3 letter looks.

Close up of 3 letters (my older brothers name).

You can personalise your Christmas stocking with up to 6 letters, here can example of how 4 letter looks (my younger brother nickname).

You can personalise your Christmas stocking with up to 6 letters, here can example of how 5 letter looks.

Close up of 5 letters.

You can personalise your Christmas stocking with up to 6 letters, here can example of how 6 letter looks.

Close up of 6 letters (my dogs name).

Close up of knitted letters, can can personlise your stocking with between 1-6 letters.

Stocking designs that are available to be personalised.

Stocking designs that are available to be personalised.

Stocking designs that are available to be personalised.

Plain red Christmas stocking.

Plain white and red Christmas stocking.

Plain green and red Christmas stocking.

Paw print designed Christmas stocking.

Thick striped red and green (with white cuff) Christmas stocking.

Left: thick striped white and red Christmas stocking.
Right: thin striped white and red Christmas stocking.

Left: thick striped green and red Christmas stocking.
Right: thin striped green and red Christmas stocking.

Left: thick striped red and green Christmas stocking.
Right: thin striped red and green Christmas stocking.

Left: thick striped white, green and red Christmas stocking.
Right: thin striped white, green and red Christmas stocking.

Left: white background with red snowflake designed Christmas stocking.
Right: red background with white snowflake designed Christmas stocking.

Left: white background with purple iridescent snowflake designed Christmas stocking.
Right: purple background with white snowflake designed Christmas stocking.

Left: white background with blue iridescent snowflake designed Christmas stocking.
Right: blue background with white snowflake designed Christmas stocking.

White background with pink snowflake designed Christmas stocking.

 Pink background with white snowflake designed Christmas stocking.

Initial personalised Christmas stockings.

Initial personalised Christmas stockings.

Comments