Karmann Jean: Scrunchies

Hello Everyone,
    Today’s blog post is another post about my new Etsy listing however it is not another hat style, although it is an item for your head. As you'll have seen from the title I have added scrunchies to my Etsy shop, and like all my other Etsy listings, once I announce a new item you know I like to do a blog post about them to help explain more about them. So if you haven’t seen my Etsy shop recently you can find all the information about my scrunchies below and if you have already seen them but maybe had a few questions or are confused, hopefully your answers will be below, if not then please message me. As I recently had a message about confusion over which colours are which so hopefully that will be cleared up below in the pictures.

Background:
    The reason why I choose to make scrunchies is because it is something that I use every day and isn't something that I associated with knitting, to my knowledge I don’t think I’ve seen knitted scrunchies before, now I’m not saying that I am the first person to make them as I’m sure if I googled it I would find lots. But I am happy that for me anyway I’ve not seen many so for me I feel like I’m making something new.
    If you know me you'll know that I recently cut around 30cm of my hair off (click here for a link to a blog which has pictures of my hair cut) to donate to charity and whilst growing my hair and due to having so much hair it seemed that I was breaking hairbands every few weeks. It literally felt like every week I broke a new hair band that is until I tried scrunchies, now I've been using the same scrunchies for months and it’s still going, that’s with both my long and short hair. Hence why I have chosen to make my own, to me scrunchies aren't something I associate with knit and since I’m a knitter why not have knitted hairbands and since they are an everyday item for me, it was a no brainer for me to make them.

About/Design:
    These scrunchies are perfect for anyone who has enough hair to make a ponytail. Of course because I am a knitter these are knitted scrunchies, which are all handmade by me from knitting them on my knitting machine to me hand sewing up the seam. These are perfect for knitting lovers or anyone who wants a slightly different twist on the classic scrunchie.
    My scrunchies are pretty plain as I am limited as to what I can do on my machine and it is my first time making them so hopefully in the future there will be more patterns and designs. However for those who love a bit of sparkle I do offer the option of you having an iridescent scrunchies which can be added to any colour scrunchie you want. Opting for an iridescent scrunchies means that your scrunchie has an added shimmer and shine, which doesn't show up well in pictures, but I have put a video up over on my Instagram (all my links will be below). Now this iridescent option doesn't create this over the top in your face metallic effect, it instead gives the scrunchie a slight sparkle, which is enhanced more by sunlight. 

Colour:
    Unlike my hats I have chosen to do only a select number of colours for these scrunchies, which will be shown below in more detail in the pictures. However as I have only have a select range, if there is another colour that you would like but I don’t offer it then please message me, as in more than willing to make them in any colour. For example if you like one of the hat colours but want it as a scrunchie then please tell me, but if for example you want an orange scrunchie but I've never used orange then still message me, because I can send you pictures of a colour chart which has all of the yarn colours I have available. (click here to go to my blog post about my hat colours)Also as I explained before all the colour choices are available to be iridescent, this also applies for any special colour requests.

Here are the colour names which you will be able to see below in the photos at the end:
- Candy floss (is the darker pink of the two, but it is still a light baby pink)
- Soft peach (is the lighter pink of the two. It is more of a white/nude/light pink)
- Wisteria (is purple one)
- Sherbet (is the blue one, which is a light baby blue)
- Carnation (is the speckled yarn which is a mixture of pinks: light and dark)

Size:
    They come in one size only to fit everyone, but depending on your hair and its thickness determines how many times you can wrap the scrunchies around for a ponytail. For example I can wrap it round twice but my mum can wrap it three times, that is by using all the hair for a ponytail, it would be different if I did pigtails (with half my hair).

Material:
    The scrunchies are knitted with a 100% acrylic yarn which contains a braided elastic band inside. For the iridescent scrunchies I add a Lurex yarn to knit with the acrylic one. Lurex (61% polyester, 39% nylon). 

Price:
    The scrunchies are £2 each plus delivery (which is explained below).

Delivery:
   For the UK postage is £2.90 and £5.15 everywhere else. However as always if you live in Bridgnorth do not order through Etsy instead message me, as you can save on delivery costs as I can deliver to you for free.
    I know it’s a pain that postage costs more than the actually scrunchies and I’m sorry about that but that is out of my control, sorry. However it is a one price thing for example if you buy 3 scrunchies delivery is still £2.90 it doesn't increase.

Processing time:
    As I have a set number of colours I aim to have some scrunchies readymade so you won’t have to wait my usual 1-2 weeks, therefore I have put 3-5 days on Etsy to cover if I have lots of other orders to make as well as delivery. Althought I am hoping that any scrunchies that are readymade will be sent out for delivery same day. However for any special colour requests you might have to wait a bit longer due to me having to order in that specific yarn colour. Also of course any overseas orders will take longer as well.

Link:
    To go to my Etsy shop you can click this link here (my etsy shop) or click this link here (for my scrunchie listings) or just search Karmann Jean when on Etsy. All of my other links will be below as well.

Summary:
·         Every scrunchie is handmade by me from knitting to sewing up seams to packaging.
·         They are sold individually, so when you order you are only ordering one, but if you order more the delivery cost doesn't increase, you could order 10 scrunchies and delivery from me would still be £2.90.
·         I am open to colour requests, you don’t have to just stick the colours that I have available on my Etsy shop, although you have to be open to the scrunchies arriving later than usual, due to me having to order that specific yarn colour.
·         Colour names are shown in the captions under the photos below.
·         Warning: please do not wear theses scrunchies on your arm for long periods of time as they might be tight and restrictive, especially be aware of children if they have it on their wrist.

    Hopefully that has cleared up any confusion that you might have had about my scrunchies. I just want to say thank you for reading and supporting me on my Karmann Jean business journey. I am overwhelmed and happy to say that my first scrunchie order was to Australia, I never ever would have thought that something I had made myself would be off on a plane to the other side of the world. So thank you so much, you reading this, a like, a follow, a share, a comment, a message, a view on my Etsy, anything that you do for me or Karmann Jean truly means so much to me. I know I say it a lot but I honestly mean it, THANK YOU!
    But on another note, if you come here for textiles/knitting based blog posts, I’m sorry that it has been very Etsy announcement based, I have got a few more textiles posts planned. But I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a behind the scenes look/trail and error blog posts about these scrunchies like I did for the hats, or do you not come here for textiles and just like to see what I am up to and selling. Please let me know by commenting below or you can always message me, I’ll put all my links below.

As always thank you so much for reading.
Love Karmann Jean.

Links:
·         Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KarmannJean or search Karmann Jean when on Etsy.
·         Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karmannjean/?hl=en or serach @karmannjean or #karmannjean when on instagram.
·         Email: karmannbenson@gmail.com
·         Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/karmannjean4/ or search karmannjean when on facebook (no space in the name and it is a facebook page not a person).

 Pictures:

My handmade knitted scrunchies.

My handmade knitted scrunchies.

My handmade knitted scrunchies, the colours from the top to bottom are: carnation, sherbet, candyfloss, wisteria and soft peach.

The scrunchies on the right are iridescent although it is hard to tell, the colours from the top to bottom are: sherbet, candy floss, wisteria and soft peach.

These are the iridescent scrunchies, but their sparkle doesn't show up on camera. The colours from top to bottom is: candy floss, sherbet, soft peach and wisteria.

Again trying to show off the sparkle of the iridescent scrunchies which you can kind of see in wisteria. The colours from left to right: wisteria, soft peach, sherbet and candy floss.

Candyfloss: the right side scrunchie is iridescent and the left is not.

Soft peach: the right side scrunchie is iridescent and the left is not.

Wisteria: the right side scrunchie is iridescent and the left is not.

Sherbet: the right side scrunchie is iridescent and the left is not.

Carnation.

Close up of candy floss.

Close up of soft peach.

Close up of wisteria.

Close up of sherbet.

Clos up of carnation.







Comments